As you all know, we are a family who loves to create. We love creating new recipes in the kitchen, home DIY’s, painting and best of all, creating for Halloween! Each year we try and think of something outside the box, something unique, but also something that is true to our family, a hobby, a favorite color or favorite food to name a few inspirational themes. This year we chose one of our favorite summer activities – GARDENING! This theme was a homerun for the girls because they love the movies Trolls and Gnomeo+Juliet and our little garden gnome we paint each year in our garden.
This year we worked with OOMOMO to create the perfect (and cutest) little Garden Gnome costume for Ezra. OOMOMO is a Japanese Lifestyle brand with a LARGE selection of crafting materials, the selection ranges from a variety of markers, wooden pieces, faux floral, stickers galore and anything else you could think of when you get that creative itch! It really is incredible the amount of items they have in store, you can create anything. All materials I used for this costume can be found at OOMOMO.
GARDEN GNOME COSTUME
Garden Box Materials:
- Variety of Faux Floral (30+ depending how full you want your garden box to be)
- Craft Straw x 3
- Felt Fabric Rolls (Brown + Green)
- Mushroom Magnets x 2
- Variety of Faux Greenery Garden
- Fencing x 6
- Luggage Straps x 2
- Woven String + Leaves x 2
- Wooden Sign
Garden Box Instructions:
- Assemble garden box & base (we used a staple gun for this).
- Apply fabric to backing of garden fencing using glue gun.
- Attach luggage straps in criss cross pattern using staple gun.
Floral + Greenery:
- Fill box with floral using glue gun.
- Add extra greenery + mushrooms.
- Paint garden sign with whatever wording you would like and place in box.
Gnome Hat Materials:
- Felt Fabric Sheet (Bright Blue) x 1
- Foam Floral Stickers x 1 pack
Gnome Hat Instructions:
- Use blue felt piece, pull both shortest corners together making an ice cream cone shape and measure on child’s head, then glue the sides together to complete.
- Add floral stickers where desired.
Trick or Treat Bag Materials:
- Garden Pot Cover
- Garden String
- Treats – Panda Cookies, Koala Cookies, HiChew and Pocky
Trick or Treat Bag Instructions:
- Poke one hole at top on each side of Garden Pot Cover
- Measure string to desired length for handle
- Thread string through holes and tie knots on each side to hold its place.
- Add treats.
Halloween is looking a little bit different this year for everyone but no matter what we’re doing on the 31st, I know my girls will still be dressed to the nines having a great time thanks to OOMOMO.
If you are using OOMOMO to help create your Halloween costume this year please tag me in your photos, I would love to see what you create!
OOMOMO also carries a large assortment of Halloween décor, pre assembled costumes, treats and fun trick or treating bags to make October 31st perfect for you and your family! You can shop online in their E-Shop and pick up the NEXT day after 11AM! (https://www.oomomostore.com/ ) or head out to one of their many locations. There are four locations in BC, Aberdeen Centre(Richmond), Metrotown(Burnaby), Robson St(Opening November) and Lougheed Town Centre(Burnaby). They also have other locations in Alberta, Ontario and Manitoba!
Take care and Stay Safe everyone!