While in preparation for this little bean-to-be, I’ve put together a list of my TOP TEN essentials that I’m going to make sure I am digging out of storage for this wee one. After having Ez, I quickly learnt that have one of everything wasn’t what she needed, nor did we have the space for it all! (lol) Through it all though, these are the gems that have stood out the most and helped in our biggest times of need and late nights.
When on the road, going for a walk or finishing up your grocery list, these are a few favourites I do not leave the house without!
1. Binxy Baby Shopping Cart Hammock – One kid in the seat and one in the hammock. This is an item that is new to me! I have seen them popping up everywhere I go and am eager to try it out! With a defiant toddler, I don’t think I could convince her to lounge in the hammock as I shop. Staying put in one spot is not her strong suit. The Binxy Baby Hammock is designed for you to be able to shop hands free and leave the baby comfy and well rested. Whether that be in the hammock itself or in the car seat resting on top of the hammock (strapped in of course), still leaving that room for you to fill your shopping cart! Again, this will be a new item for us, but with a toddler, I’m putting together the most foolproof plan I can for baby #2!
2. Beluga Baby Wrap – THE perfect baby carrier to help you live hands free. I honestly don’t think I could live without my Beluga Wrap. Haley, owner and creator of BB, has saved me time and time again with these amazing ONE piece’s of fabric. The luxurious 4 way stretch of the bamboo, beautiful prints and colours, and one of the best parts for me, how fast and easy it is to wrap! (The fact that her wraps ALSO can look like a part of your wardrobe – unbeatable!)
3. Baby Bear Designs – Pacifier Clip – Losing a soother is no fun for anyone. Up until Ezra was about one year old, her soother was always on a clip, no matter where we went. In the wrap, in the stroller, in her carseat, always on a clip! The chew beads that the clip is also strung with provided an extra teething tool for her in her fussy moments. Go take a look at their wide selection of colours and patterns – Amy even puts together custom orders just for your little one!
Below are a few of some tried and true items to help babe sleep better, at home, in the crib or just in your arms.
4. The Ollie Swaddle – Helping with those long nights and keeping baby snug through the night. When Ez was born, I actually never used a swaddle or anything that resembled it. She was defiant and determined to always have her arms flaring and toes up in the air. Although, she slept that way, so I can’t be angry about that! This time around I am hoping to have all hands on deck, including old-tried and true items but also new ones to try out. Being our second born, I have a small inkling that I will need all the help I can get! Two of the things that draw me in to the Ollie Swaddle is the unique fit it offers to every child and the easy access for diaper changes! I am looking forward to trying this tactic out – What about you? Did you swaddle your babes? How did it go? Let me know in the comments below!
5. Dock A Tot – A spot to call their own, one for sister and one for little. Since we received our DockATot, Ezra has not gone a day without lounging away in it. It is by far one of her most treasured items, as it is her own. It is not a space on the couch or a chair at the dinner table, it is her own little nook that she reads books, builds towers, and cuddles with BunBun. If anyone were to come over, you bet that she’ll inform you right away who’s ‘bed’ that is in on the floor covered in blankets. Soon there will be another little one to share this space, but for now, Ezra will gladly soak up and snuggle in.
6. Jelly Cats Stuffed Animal – Every little babe has their own special stuffy, meet Bun-Bun.
7. Modern Burlap – A light, breathable blanket to cuddle or layer with. When Ez was born, she was gifted the month of May from her Auntie Shannon. We used it for milestone photos, a soft surface for diaper changes while on the go and to wrap her up in when it was time to nap. To this day, her Modern Burlap blanket is a keepsake we will hold on to forever!
Last but not least, an item for healing, an item for feeding and an item to use in four different ways!
8. So Luxury Sitz Bath + Milk Oat Bath Soak – Adding a little bit of luxury with the healing remedies of the glorious Oat Milk Bath and Sitz Soak. So Luxury also is my absolutely favourite brand of bath soak for Ezra. Not only does this soak smell and feel amazing, there is such a nutrients and healing power in this soak that it clears the reddest of little bums!
9. Daisy Pops Breastfeeding – Comfortable, functional, and silky soft breastfeeding shirts.
10. Little Bean Threads All Over Cover – Multifunctional from car seat cover, nursing cover, scarf, or stroller cover, LBT has got you covered.
Personal Essential – Jesus Storybook Bible: Our home runs on three things, Love, Coffee, and Jesus. One of the staples in our lives is our faith and bringing up our little ones in these footsteps is the most essential thing to us. After Ezra was born I found a picture bible for her (and whoever came after) that had colourful pages but still explained each story on a level she would understand. Watching her explore and figure out the stories on her own is so precious.
BONUS : Mommy Essential
1. Cake Maternity – A beautiful nursing bras that doesn’t completely make you feel like a milk maid! I am looking forward to wearing this bras with pride and a little bit of secrecy, knowing there’s something pretty and lacey underneath!
2. Belly Bags – When your mommy brain just isn’t working how it used to, they’ve got you covered with everything you’ll need from hospital to home.
3. Pink Blush Maternity – Items for you and your bump that you’ll feel beautiful in before AND after baby! When I first heard of Pink Blush Maternity I was intrigued, fashionable, functional AND I can wear it through my entire pregnancy? Does such a thing exist?! YES it does. Maternity dresses, Maternity Robes, and even more for mama and baby with amazing durability and flexibility. This dress pictured below is one of the items I own from them and I can say without a single doubt, I am over the MOON about the quality and support this company gives. They have everything from jammies to formal dining wear, yes, formal dresses that are MATERNITY! There is such a large variety of styles and sizes for each season, I wish I had known about them when I was expecting my sweet little girl two years ago!
If you’re looking for the dress pictured below – click here!
Well, that’s all I’ve got for you tonight! Hopefully you came across something that you discovered for the first time or learnt more about it! Don’t forget to leave a comment below, I would love to hear some of your own suggestions on what helped you the most with baby number one and what you found wasn’t necessary/crucial for baby number two!
XOX – A very tired mama
- baby bag
- baby bear design
- baby blanket
- baby carrier
- baby essentials
- baby swaddle
- baby wrap
- babys coming
- beluga baby
- binxy baby cart hammock
- birth month blanket
- blogging mom
- canadian made
- diaper bag
- handmade in canada
- here comes baby
- hospital bag
- milestone blanket
- modern burlap
- mom blogger
- new blog post
- new entry
- new post
- newborn swaddle
- ollie swaddle
- pacifier clip
- Shop Local
- soother clip
- stumbling grace
- stumbling grace blog
- support local
- vancouver blogger
- vancouver made
- wrapping baby